Mandopop Queen Jolin Tsai is Ranked 12th Most Influential Personality as of 2010

It's not surprising really that Jolin Tsai should be named 12th most influential person as of late although the impact of her music in Chinese industry may not be as great as Anita Mui's. I think she has the quality music that named her as "Madonna of Taiwan" and "Britney of Taiwan" although unlike them, she doesn't do any of that lewd stuff on stage, but it has something to do with her sing and dance style of presentation.

If I'm not wrong, one of her favorite singers is the late Cantopop queen Anita Mui who called as the Madonna of Hong Kong and to some the Donna Summers of Asia. However let's avoid comparing the two since they're both great in their own respects.

Comments

  1. I have a few Jolin concert DVDs mainly because of the way she looks. I think she's clearly got skills beyond those of other pop princesses in Taiwan and Hong Kong. She worked with Kylie Minogue as well.

    I agree that she's yet to reach Anita's level of influence or talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Glenn, kenixfan- She's talented but I like Anita Mui better. IMO Anita Mui has better acting and music than she does but that doesn't mean I don't like Jolin Tsai. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment