My Translation of The Sayaka Akimoto's Sherlock Holmes Interview

Here's a translation of the interview Sayaka Akimoto had from Model Press.  The interview took place last March 28, 2015 yesterday.  I would like to show a smooth translation to make some sense for non-Japanese readers:

Model Press: 

From the very beginning, AKB48 has emitted a conspicuous, dignified beauty namely Sayaka Akimoto.  After the group graduation was over, you have had a steady career as a steady actress in both TV and mopvies.  This year, we welcome the 27 year who has grown into a woman wearing the charm of presence and integrity.

I challenge the musical "Sherlock Holmes 2 - Bloody Game".  The blind Saint Officer Maria greets the first day on April 26.  It is the second installment of the popular musical which won many awards in Korea.  The Japanese version premiered with the cast staff of Gotham to support the Japanese Musical World.  It is the east where the young Akimoto is, whether to breath any fresh air.  For the same work and it was closing to on to "actress outlook" or "female view".  So far, and now, Sayaka Akimoto, come with ambition as seen from there, do you remember the first encounter with entertainment that you had, Akimoto-san?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

The foreign songs that were played at home by my mother were Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and Queen.  The first time I saw a concert at primary school school 4th, 5th grade, it was Michael Jackson that I watched on.  I liked the parent, how can it be perofmred and it was an experience where I was impressed that I cried, and I do not know the content of thelyrics and when the vague and "can want" rather than that, I thought it was, "I also want to stand over there."  Considering now that we were able to watch the vertex of entertainment for the first time, values to their show, I think there was an influence on the formation of personality.  I am also grateful for my mother.

Model Press: 

What time around did you grow interested in your play?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

It seems like that I was about to stand out from childhood.  I thin that it's the extension around that is was said that, "I have read and banged becoming the character" to the time of the elementary school of reading out aloud.  Though you were not aware of yourself, you can not remember that it was fun.  The Toka retrospect is that it became something, you thought that it would do, it was a favorite from the time it was called a play.


Model Press: 

So when were you around when you encountered musicals?
Sayaka Akimoto: 

When I was 21 years old, I had watched "Les Miserables" the first time.  After that, I got your work of the musical theater and the "Rock Opera Mozert" (2013), but initially I was scared in the unknown world.  I was scared?  And I enrolled nearly a decade to the group but dancing and singing in the theater had to do in that play to each song, it is a musical and it must be transmitted securely with the stories and feelings in the singing voice.  It is then when you think that musical has a unique feeling, so there was fear.  I actually tried doing that I do not put traced yet it was to pass that "fun", there is a feeling that "Do not be alive..." when you are playing on the stage, singing, it's just to get in the flesh, the entire body is the instrument since energy is required.  But there is also a physically tough part.  I feel that it is a very happy thing.

Model Press:

For the movie "Mango and Red Wheelcair" and on the TBS system "Soul of the Story of Firefighters Who foguth in Orange - The Risk of Life and Limb" special drama both in 2015, are they also still fresh in your memory with good acting int he video, such as the video and stage, is there a difference of help in a play?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

I think it is completely different.  In the past, I was accustomed to those who contineud to put it out while being much watched in person on stage.  Imagine, by there are only the staff is around, the moment, but we will want to focus on when is much of a focus for the moment for shooting.  I saw within myself there is a tendnecy to enter within.  Putting the energy to concentrate in a limited short time, it is that way you are still grabbing that feeling.

Model Press: 

For the music appearnce of two years there is also fear and anguish.  So please tell us about your musical works of two years, which was approaching in April namely "Sherlock Holmes 2 - Bloody Game".  How is your current state of mind to the challenge of a full scale musical?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

This musical work is very dramatic and at the time was the thought there was a synergistic effect of a more interesting story, and I thought it was also been difficult lately.  When I thought he sings, but there is also a fear and hardship, whether it is now, it came with a little courage, I also thankfully thought that guests can be placed in an environment where such a challenge can let it be.

Model Press: 

Does this work which is a creative musical that was a big hit on Korea, have a strong something of a impression on you?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

There is really a strong impression.  When it is actually listening to a song towards the Korean actor, it was powerful and it will let me seem that Na is not far behind as the same Asian.  Even looking towards the singer himself, even if it is not only a musical, I think Na's performance skills are so amazing.  So this time as a Japanese cast, I think that will work hard so that it will chest the Harel.

Model Press: I'm looking forward to the play (my addition) also co-starred with a veteran of musical actors.

Sayaka Akimoto:

Satoshi Hasimoto's Holmes auditors was awarded the prize this year (22nd Yomiuri Theater Award for Oustanding Actor), but is a big senior, it has come out bleeding tenderness in the midst of serious work.  There is a new containing that I also straight out the draws in the Kudarasu atmosphere.  I am shy but at this time it's, "Senior thank you."  And with the help of the breast, if you do not know that you do not know and we would like to hear even more.

Model Press: 

How about Maki Ichiro Watson's role?  Ichiro-san's ability as an actress is not only what you are long ing for as one of the women.  While the standing behavior on stage is of course good looking, even the other day of the press conference, Ichiro, who left the role to be none or innocence, say she is very pretty.  Although I thought whether those of coller image with the nice cute smile, I think more and more I wonder if women such as Ichiro, what women will become attractive at a superimposed age.  Also as an actress, we also think that there are many things to learn in rehearsal as a woman.

Also the anxiety in Nan'yaku "Find A New Me", "Roman Holiday", the role as Princess Anne, "Rock Opera Mozart", the role as Constanze, such as the Elsa role of "National Cinema", stage of Akimoto-san different every time I think has been playing such a woman.  Although I think that this time also, Maria that there is no female that is played until now.  Do you think that you have what it takes to play a variety of women?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

Last time, Elsa that was played to in the national cinema was the first stage work after my own group graduation, becasue there was a place it overlapped with the feeling that you want Yuko to come in with the budding actress Elsa to make it that I was relatively cheap.

Princess Anne of "Roman Holiday" was in reverse, we thought that the first "Why can not it be Kana?  Absolutely this role came to me." I was also to this public image of "strong women".  But it was also the lead to confidence that plays Anne and I am directly the Nozomi Makin-san.  "I had the one-side that represents such a girl-like."  This time, there was a feeling that the same place "Okay Kana?".  And at that time, Maria auditors are honest to say that it is required of the part that has been thought of as "No"... Basically I "okay and defend by will" becuase the type that (laughs), and I knew be in raised unless a woman like me wonder if any women of yours think to are defensively broken, it is likely to be in conflict called from a rudimentary place.  But in turn off the strenght, of the strength and care of us Sayaka Akimoto, if you can be established properly for this role, we thought that, than to find a new one myself.  I think that it has received a big role but I think, Na got a big chance as Sayaka Akimoto.

Model Press:

For the blind Maria, called to be a saint to hear the voice of God, how do you perceive that it is any woman?

Sayaka Akimoto: 

I interpreted it that every time you read the script, it is getting harder, but we feel like women extremity that had grown up to leave.  I do not know a lot of things.  it is really white, but the white that it is, I felt it even also as sometimes it becomes a very cruel existence.  I'm sure Maria is one without any hesitation of mind to those who believe its purity that I think leads to madness of this work.

Model Press:

Do you think so that most of the charm of his work is in that place?

Sayaka Akimoto:

I am to think of the charm of mystery work, but many various crimes have been swirling in various human drama happening, this work is to show that through love underlying in the incident.  When I look at the Korean version of the video, that time is, I myself have been found to do the Maria role, but gone are the really immersing tears I have last overflowed.  How can it not be expressed in words as well, and while I think the case should not be there, you can have it even myself taht she can understand the feelings of the criminal... and those who had put his hand in the crime, it will be significantly life-changing to those who are discouraged, but only the feeling was rather multiplied that goes by the wrong hand, there are various love spirals in one person.  If you are carrying it, if there is something that resonates in the very chest... and I was surprised myself that we are holdign such a feeling.

Model Press:

Akimoto-san, but there is the impression that those who are carefully prepared before entering the work.  Is there such a thing that you are already talking about this and that it started something with Mr. Kyoichi Itagaki's production?

Sayaka Akimoto:

I do, I can't finely talk, I was told from Itagaki-san that at that time of the press conference, "My Maria is a difficult role."  Although I normally been answered with a "Yes" in the atmosphere and when I re-read the script to go home with me, "This Na's role is very difficult.",  I thought again that it was (laughs).  That's why, I think it is very rewarding.  Ever since the blindness of the after-role, I started to look at the materials and movies of what the other people and whether I awant to grab my own role also.  Also, since it sometimes happen that I hear a story and some people that are blind to friends, while also referencing to that sort of thing, and I would like to seriously face the reality as much as possible.

Model Press:

I privately approached that I will continue to ask you a little bit abotu the privacy from here.  Akimoto-san, you have an image that is dignified and healthy but you are committed every day as a woman.  Please tell me if there is such a thing that you have practiced.

Sayaka Akimoto:

I have become 27 years old this year.  To itself there is that we age, I do not have to worry about it, but as an adult woman or as someone who is an educated by Dattari with various knowledge, Na must be worn, such as rude with no behavior, we are conscious of that fact.


Model Press:
But I read in Twitter and I heard that from the beginning, you have learned to obtain Japanese dance.

Sayaka Akimoto:

For the first time, the position is learned for two months.  It is originally like it to move the body, but as a "static".  The "How" of Japanese dance is a medium that people that can be drenched in sweat even if you danced a little.  I am half-Japanese and half-Filipino, but when I began, I would like to learn more things in Japan as a Japanese like Japanese dance and kimono dressing.  Then your sister like how, or your manners, such as what really becomes rude because how can also be mentally taught that can really be fun.  Next, you wanted to learn even flamenco (laughs).  If he happesn to be doing completely different things, many are given the option to myself, I have gone fun jumping myself.


Model Press:

In Subari, please tell me if there is any ambition as an actress.  The strongest of "Geek of All Trades" (laughs).  I want to be a chameleon actress.  I want to do well int he role that men are doing (laughs).  Even in naked, shaved, gender can also be exceeded in various frames and familiar with the role such as the person and the atmosphere so diferent?"  IT seems to be at a later time, I want to be such an actress.  Finally do you have a message for those fans who are viewing?

Sayaka Akimot:

The Musical "Sherlock Holmes 2" is a story that has a variety of love that is depicted in the process leading to the incident,  Also it is a mysterious thing that is better at first, so I think that it is the work you can enjoy, so I hope you can have a look.  It was done on solid understanding with its own charm, she now has dared to be wanting to be challenged to get a new weapon that the role that had a personality that was not myself.

Comments