Film of the 60s: Love without End



Even if my mother was only a little kid when the film was shown, I want to see this tear jerking film called "Love without End". I know the ending is tragic but I feel like I might have bottled up feelings for too long.

I honestly felt bad when I discovered that I still had feelings for my first love of my life but it was too late. Soon enough, she found somebody else. But we were so young back then. I wonder if I can let her go?

The synopsis is this: A country girl named Li Qing Qing goes to the city to live with her uncle and finds Pengang a wastrel rich man. The two fall in love. Then the guy goes bankrupt. Foolishly Li Qing Qing agrees to the proposal of a scoundrel which leads to a tragic break-up. Li Qing Qing is then sick with some form of cancer which causes Pengang to want to make amends with her. In the end, she dies seeing her lover for the last time. (Details closed as of now, must see film first)

To see the MTV of the song "Bu Liao Qing" or "Love without End", here it is:



Sadly the actress of this film committed suicide due to family trivial matters. Sniff... snif...

Later the theme song was resung by Teresa Teng and Cai Qin just to name a few. David Tao even made a hip version of the song.

Comments