Yasuka Saito as Masumi Inou/Bouken Black in Boukenger


Well I'd like to do a tribute to Yasuka Saito.  First, while I don't think he's really at the same level with Toshihide Wakamatsu in playing a Gai Yuki type character in Masumi Inou in Boukenger but I'd say he did a pretty good job in playing the character.  So he's portrayed to be a rebel, a badass like Gai Yuki except he doesn't have the womanizing and smoking side.


What could be notable is that he was playing alongside Mitsuomi Takahashi who played as his foil Satoru Akashi.  Boukenger showed the two characters playing as rivals that eventually become best friends.  But for me, the part wasn't as well done compared to the development of Ryu and Gai Yuki in Jetman.


I would like to give credit to how he portrays the rivalry Masumi plays with Yaiba of the Darkness.  While Toshihide Wakamatsu played Gai Yuki who had a great respect to Gure, Masumi is a character that really is fighting against a complete monster of a villain in Yaiba.  So far, he did show some good expressions in how the show goes in itself.  In fact, I thought he pretty much steals the whole show since the Masumi/Yaiba rivalry had a lot more drama compared to Satoru/Ryuon rivalry in my view.

Comments