Vic Chou Then and Now


After winning the Golden Bell awards, I thought it's time to write about how his career had shifted.  Let's start shall we?


He started off with rather dull roles.  That is, he was at first Hanazawa Rui's Taiwanese counterpart Hua Tze Lei (and looks TOO MUCH like the Anime/Manga character).  In that role, he was Taro's Taiwanese counterpart Tai Lang in Poor Prince Taro.  In Love Storm, it was his worst role ever.  In fact, I didn't expect he would recover anytime!


He later improved during his later roles after Love Storm.  After the serious storm that hit his life, Mars was a big stage for improvement where he was reunited with Barbie Xu who became his leading lady.  After doing comic book characters, he started doing more serious roles.  He did have his lead in "Wish to See You Again" alongside his hinted but later proven false love interest Michelle Chen.


During Black and White, I didn't expect I would keep on watching the whole series.  Watching it, his acting had improved a lot.  I mean, everything about it really was his huge improvement and that crying scene was all so convincing.  I can't say he didn't do well in "Wish to See You Again" but I didn't expect him to really show much emotion during his depressed scene!  Wow, what a jump!  Despite being the last F4 member to get a movie, he did the most roles which is pretty ironic.


In doing the melodramatic roles like "Silence", "Last Night of Madame Chin" and "Home", maybe some old tiems might want to compare this guy to classic Taiwanese heartthrob Qin Han.  Hmmm I was thiking with him doing the Qiong Yao style dramas Silence, Last Night of Madame Chin and Home, he might actually be our contemporary version of Qin Han after his acting was refined.  When it comes to chemistry I think he has it best with Janine Zhang though I want to see him alongside Esther Liu or Liu Yi Fei in any Qiong Yao remake or any love story.

Comments