Zhen Xiu Zhen's Role as Dao Ming Feng/Kaede Doumyoji


Back when I saw Meteor Garden, I had no idea it was based on an Anime.  I later gave the Anime a watch but it made me realize, the actress Zhen Xiu Zhen is ONE AMAZING ACTRESS!  Okay she used to play the good girl roles, the oppressed daughter-in-law, etc.  In Meteor Garden, she shows us she's pretty legendary as an actress.  In fact, I think she can even silence the performance of Kaga Mariko in a single command.  If she has a Japanese equivalent, it would be the Tokusatsu actress Atsuko Takahata who I wished played Kaede Doumyoji in the live version.  She in fact reverses the tropes she was once associated with from the princess to the witch in that whole season so well, I really wish I can take acting lessons from her!


It made me think that the directors just didn't make a mistake in choosing her.  After all, the Anime character not only bears resemblance to her but also Zhen Xiu Zhen is a pretty good actress you can't deny she is a show stealer.  In fact, her acting stands out all so well that you can say she really knows how to deliver the right amount of impact in playing the Taiwanese version of Kaede Doumyoji.  She in fact makes the best Kaede Doumyoji ever portrayed in live media you'd want her to play more villain roles all the more.  In fact, it's one look says it.

Comments