A Recent Picture of Alexander Wang and His 99 Year Old Paternal Grandmother

This picture of his aging grandmother on a wheelchair kind of reminded me of the final days I had with mine who died at 91 years old.  If she were alive today, she would be 97 years old.  Wang Lee Hom had these words to say as of late, "I moved back to Taiwan when I was 19 years old. Back then, Popo cooked for me every day, taught me Chinese, we talked all the time. She was the only person I knew in Taiwan! When I'd finish work, or come home from the studio, she'd always be waiting up for me, no matter how late. She wouldn't go to bed, until she knew I was home safe. Today, I went to her house, and just looking in her eyes was like 10,000 words exchanged. I thought to myself, "Popo, you look so cute in pink." Don't you agree?"

Picture taken from here;

Comments